Senior Costs Draftsman
£36,000.00 to £45,000.00 Dependent on Experience
JF Law is a dedicated personal injury law firm with offices in Liverpool and Wirral with a fantastic work ethic and culture. We are renowned for rewarding our employees with an excellent bonus scheme, benefits, support and career progression and value each and every individual who works with us.
We have an outstanding team of highly skilled Solicitors who are renowned for their expertise in Personal Injury, Data Breach, Medical Negligence, complex and foreign injuries and catastrophic events.
Dealing with high quality variety of caseloads on a large scale, the company has grown rapidly over the past few years. As a result of our success and growth, we are now looking for an established Snr. Cost Draftsman with experience of working in a fast paced, cost driven environment to join our team.
This is an opportunity for a proven Snr Cost Draftsman to join an established, exciting and welcoming company with major expansion plans, leading to excellent career progression opportunities including heading up the opening of a separate cost draftsmen company.
- Report directly to manager/supervisor/director
- Drafting bills/ schedules
- Drafting POD’s/ Replies
- Conducting Negotiations
- To complete post assessment work
- To liaise and advise fee earners and support staff in relation to the variety of legal costs matters
- Drafting cost budgets & statement of Costs for summary assessment,
- Drafting of estimates of costs.
- Corresponding with third parties – experts, counsel etc..
- Maintaining accurate time costing procedures on inter partes negotiations
- Ensuring compliance with bill/case management system.
- Issuing Part 8 costs only proceedings
- Preparing applications for Judgement
- Issuing enforcement & indemnity proceedings
- Recovering costs and disbursements
- Demonstrate passion and experience in Costs Law
- A strong academic background i.e. with a Law degree
- All round legal experience as a Costs Draftsperson & or a Costs Lawyer
- Clear understanding and application of the Civil Procedure Rules relating to costs
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in drafting bills
- Experience in issuing enforcement proceedings and Part 8 costs only proceedings
- Costs Negotiations Experience
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
If you are interested in this position, please apply online or call Andrew directly for a confidential conversation on 07511038389.