Our Complaints Handling Policy
JF Law Solicitors is committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients.
When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you become unhappy with the service we provide to you, then please inform us immediately so that we can do our best to resolve the problem for you. Our complaints procedure is noted below.
If we are unable to resolve your complaint, you can ask the Legal Ombudsman to consider your complaint independently. The Legal Ombudsman investigates complaints about service issues with lawyers.
The Legal Ombudsman expects complaints to be made to them within 1 year of the date of the act or omission about which you are concerned or within 1 year of you realising there was a concern. You must also refer your concerns within 6 months of our final response to you.
Our Complaints Handling Procedure
If you have a concern or a complaint, please contact us as soon as you are aware of the problem so this can be addressed. Our contact details are as follows;
FAO SAMANTHA SKUBIC; JF Law Ltd
Champion European Suites
6 Arrowe Brook Road
Tel: 0151 375 9916
What Will Happen Next?
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your written complaint within five days of your raising your concerns, enclosing a copy of this procedure and
confirming who will be responsible for dealing with your complaint.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to Samantha Skubic who is a Director and Solicitor. Samantha will
review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
3. We will then send you a detailed written reply to your written complaint, including suggestions for resolving the matter, within 28 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
4. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again to explain why you remain unhappy with our response and we will review your comments. Depending on the matter we may at this stage arrange for a director to review the decision.
5. We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
6. If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ or call 0300 555 0333 about your complaint.
Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within 1 year of the date of the act or omission about which you are concerned and within 1 year of you realising there was a concern. You must also refer your concerns to the Legal Ombudsman within 6 months of your receiving a final written response from us regarding your complaint. The Legal Ombudsman has provided further guidance on its service at http://www.legalombudsman.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.